- How to Win the Football Pools
- How to win the football pools using a proven football pools system. Resources, plans, perms and strategies to improve the odds in your favour.
- special offer
- Football pools system - buy it here, buy it now, download it now..
- How Does it Work?
- Football pools wizard - how does the football pools system work? A Wizard football pools forecast is shown below, with results. Note that I have sorted the coupon by 'match rating'. Match Rating is calculated using Wizard System for each match.
- what's the odds
- Calculating the odds of winning the football pools - are the odds realistic - YES! How can you work the odds? It’s a question that a lot of people ask.
Let’s look at the basic odds. With a coupon of 49 matches (games), we are looking to identify a winning line of 8 score draws on the British treble chance pools if we are to win a 1st Dividend (a score draw is a result in which both teams end up with the same number of goals, not zero). If we stake on 1 line only (nobody does, but leave that aside for now), then the odds of selecting the correct 8 matches from 49 are approximately 450 million to 1. With the UK lottery the odds are 14 million to 1 for a six number combination, by comparison.
- Pools V Horses
- Compare fixed odds and pools betting. Consider conventional betting on a horse race or the outcome of a single football match. A punter (someone placing a bet) is quoted odds by a bookmaker (‘bookie’, turf accountant and so on) either face to face, over the telephone or online. Now, the odds that are quoted when the price is first set are based on the bookie’s initial perception of the odds of a given result. As the event gets nearer, the odds quoted by the bookie ‘drift out’ – that is, get longer (say from 4/1 to 10/1) or shorten (say from 4/1 to 7/2). Obviously we’re using the UK fractional odds system here, not US or European – this does not alter the principle though.
- football forecasts quality
- Find out how to know how good your football results forecasting is, and make it better. If you are serious about winning the football pools then you will be using a proven football pools system and probably staking through a pools syndicate. This way you will be using football results analysis to provide performance indicators for the teams, and a list of match results forecasts. Then, with a syndicate you will be maximising the stake you can place. With the best plan that you can afford, which gives you the desired balance between coverage and guarantee, you will then be in a position to ensure that you have the best chance of winning.
- football-pools-24/25 April 2010
- Football pools system results for 24/25 April 2010. We're still hitting the grouping of form-performers bang on, but the league tail enders are really turning in some backs-to-the wall performances!
- football-pools-17/18 April 2010
- Football pools system results for 17/18 April 2010. We're still seeing some powerful results at the promotion/relegation ends of the leagues. Most of these are now decided, but many mid-table teams have lost interest - safe from relegation and no chance of promotion - they are getting beaten by lower teams still in the relegation zone. I'll be tweaking some of the performance ratings for this effect in the forecasts for the coming weekend.
- football-pools-27/28 March 2010
- Football pools system results for 27/28 March 2010. I've presented the results as I did last week, sorted in order of increasing match rating.
- football-pools-20/21 March 2010
- Football pools system results for 20/21 March 2010. £s versus Guarantee. By that I mean plan or full perm. This week's results illustrate this well, so I've presented them sorted by match rating, which is how we make our draw-game forecasts using the Wizard System
- football-pools-13/14 March 2010
- Football pools system results for 13/14 March 2010. 9 score-draws and 6 no score draws - not bad, but we are looking for 12-15 score draws to get in the money. We caught 4/9 score draws and 4/6 no-score draws in our 24 selections, so not bad on overall predictions.
- football-pools-6/7 March 2010
- Football pools system results for 6/7 March 2010. Lots of games outside the run of the main leagues (the wizard system would not normally be used on such a week as the wizard performance system only tracks the main leagues). Anyway, I did prepare a forecast and pools entry - well, I enjoy a flutter anyway!
- football-pools-27/28 Feb 2010
- Football pools system results for 27/28 Feb 2010. What a strange weekend! 5 score draws and 5 no-score draws; Wizard system caught 4 out 5 in each category. That's pretty good forecasting.
- football-pools-19/20 Feb 2010
- Football pools system results for 19/20 Feb 2010. After an FA Cup weekend, I had great hopes for a normal league fixture list on 19/20 February. What happened? 6 score draws and 3 no-score draws.
- football-pools-results 6/7 Feb 2010
- Football pools system results for 6/7 Feb 2010. After the instability over the last few weeks initiated by the weather and the transfer window, team form, in the way that this site measures it, is stabilising. Althought the draw count was low this week, we had a good result again, catching 6 out of 9 score draws and 2 out of 5 no score draws. Just waiting for a few weeks of 12-15 draws now to get in the money again!
- football-pools-30/31 Jan 2010
- Football pools system results for 30/31 Jan 2010. These are the results of the system for Uk Coupon Weekend 31/31st January 2010, with 24 selections. Another unusual week, with the form book confounded. We did pick the Arsenal - Man Utd match as an away win too, despite my instincts for an override of the system! It just shows, you have to go with what the numbers say.
- Top Tips for Winning the Football Pools